The Blue House
- Surface area: 260m2
- Nº of rooms: 4
- Nº of guests: up to 10 people
If you are looking for a GipSet hideaway with all modern comforts, the Blue House is it! Worries and stress are forgotten the minute you cross the gates of our small relaxed paradise.
Up until 2008, the Blue House was an ageing cottage with plenty of potential lost in 7.5ha of forgotten cork trees. Over the years, we’ve been refurbishing the original house, adding new units, restoring outside areas, improving the trees… and the result is a lovely, in fact idyllic, holiday home. The Blue House has been carefully thought about and slowly done up over the years – each unit has its particular charm, decorated with influences of Portuguese, Brazilian and Moroccan cultures.
The Blue House is located in a very special and beautiful rural area and near magnificent beaches, however you will probably spend most of your holiday enjoying the property and its atmosphere!
The Blue House consists of four separate units, all set around a central courtyard, affording plenty of privacy to all. The original house is accessed via an entrance hall with a fireplace, next to an indoor dining area, seating 6. The fully equipped kitchen is also in this unit, and has access to the outdoor dining area for 10 people, under the rustic porch. There is also a double bedroom on a mezzanine floor with a complete bathroom.
The new wing, which was added to the original house in 2009, has a very large terrace facing sunset to the West. The drawing-room has a flat screen TV set with international channels and a DVD player, and is a cool place in the summer months and the most wonderful cozy room during winter nights, warming up by the fireplace. Next to it are two bedrooms: one with a double bed, and another with two bunk beds (for four people). Each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom.
The independent cottage, a fully refurbished unit facing the new wing, has a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and small dressing area. There is also an intimate terrace facing sunrise towards East.
The open-plan main room, a large indoor/outdoor “chill-out” area, is the perfect place to enjoy a summer evening among family and friends. The area may also be screened off for cooler nights. Other amenities include a barbecue and two outdoor solar power heated showers, over a wooden deck.
Special touches from this little paradise include picking your own fruit from the organic orchard and fresh eggs and other delights brought by the housekeeper on request.
The estate is propitious for long hikes! There is much to discover, such as breathtaking sea views, a fruit orchard, and obviously the two 4 x 5m small pools: former water tanks that were refurbished to match hygiene standards of modern swimming pools, linked together through a wooden deck.
4 Bedrooms – sleeping arrangements for a maximum 10 people:
- 1 double bedroom in the original house on a mezzanine floor with connecting bathroom
- 1 double bedroom in the new wing, with en-suite bathroom and garden views
- 1 bedroom with two bunk beds (sleeps 4) in the new wing, with en-suite bathroom, garden views and opening onto West terrace
- 1 double bedroom in the independent cottage, with en-suite bathroom and private terrace
- Baby cot on request
- 3 en-suite bathrooms
- 1 bathroom in the original house
- 2 outdoor heated showers by the open-plan indoor/outdoor “chill-out” area
4 Living Areas:
- Indoor dining area for 6 with fireplace
- Indoor living room seating 6, with flat screen TV set with international channels and DVD player and fireplace
- Outdoor dining area seating 10 under the porch
- Superb open-plan indoor/outdoor living area seating 10 with barbecue
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dish washer, fridge freezer, Nespresso machine
- Laundry machine, vacuum cleaner, iron, ironing board
- Private terraces with furniture and sun loungers, dining area for 10 and barbecue
- Two 4x5m private pools
- Private car parking
- 7,5ha of private grounds to enjoy with plenty to discover, from fruit orchards to amazing sea views.
Internet access is available and good enough for email and internet browsing, but not for heavy downloads. The mobile network connection is quite good.
Bookings & availability:
Please contact us by email or call +351 917 263 425 for details and to confirm availability.