“A slice of Heaven! Fabulous place, fabulous food, great company, generous hosts, lovely yoga. So sad to leave” – Margot
“OMG! Amazing retreat! The best food ever, amazing yoga, amazing company, amazing hosts Sofia + Afonso, amazing sunsets!” – Emma
“Thank you so much for a simply wonderful reatreat and stay here. You have opened your homes and hearts to us all. The location, accommodation and food were all excellent.” – Reena
“Thank you so much for the amazing time I spent in your house. Everything was just perfect and full of love. You were amazing hosts” – Giusy
Quotes from participants at the Yoga Retreat at Monte das Nespereiras – 19 to 26 June 2015 with the Yoga teacher Antonello di Curzio, London.
An idyllic hideaway
Monte das Nespereiras is an idyllic hideaway for peaceful but invigorating retreats – it is blessed with wonderful tranquillity, rural atmosphere, lovely walks and breathtaking sunsets.
We partner with Yoga and other lifestyle retreats organisers and promoters, that take advantage of the unique and inspiring natural environment found at Monte das Nespereiras, to host retreats and other group events. Our secluded settings and understated comfort are especially suited for groups seeking spiritual wellbeing, but we welcome all those wishing to benefit from the blissful conditions found on site.
Our organic vegetable garden and orchards provide fresh and healthy produce, which, combined with a lush selection of the best the local markets have to offer in season, is the basis of a balanced but nonetheless delicious diet. A varied combination of menus, including many luscious vegetarian dishes, can be organised to suit a particular retreat concept or just provide the comfort of soul food to Blue Retreats guests.
Each retreat program is tailor-made to fulfil the objectives set by the respective promoters. We can organize day excursions, short trips and complementary activities for retreat participants to get to know the region and appreciate the most enticing places in Alentejo, or just enjoy a relaxing day at one of the fabulous beaches nearby. At Monte das Nespereiras, retreat organisers will find in us an attentive partner willing to extend the underlined concept of each retreat to the desired level of detail.
The property is available for group retreats of 8 to 12 people for a minimum of 3 nights and maximum of 7. Depending on availability, retreats can be booked during the months of March, April, May, June, September and October. Both the Blue House and the Main House (see below), as well all the grounds and amenities, become available on an exclusive basis for the retreat.
We strive to create an inspiring ambiance and unforgettable experience for each of our Blue Retreats. Our aim is to ensure that, in conjunction with retreats promoters, our guests are rewarded with real life enriching moments and are blessed by the positive energy of Monte das Nespereiras.
- All facilities, including an open space for yoga or other activities;
- Full board – Morning Snack, Buffet Brunch and 3 course Dinner. Vegetarian menus are also available;
- Organic vegetable garden and orchards and fresh local produce to provide healthy and delicious meals;
- Guided walks and/or trips to the beaches and other tailored day programs, visits and activities;
- Massages and Ayurvedic treatments can also be arranged;
- A peaceful and inspiring piece of paradise on Earth.
We can accommodate up to 14 people but like to keep groups between 8 and to 12 people. In summary, the following rooms are available:
- 3 twin rooms for double occupancy (maximum 6 people)
- 4 double room for single or double occupancy (maximum 8 people)
The offered accommodation is divided between the Main House and the Blue House.
The Main House
Situated on the highest point of the Serra de Grândola, the Main House has a privileged situation with a fantastic view. It was designed to enjoy and contemplate the beautiful setting and absorb the surrounding nature. The Main House is comprised of three housing units with a total of 340m2, several independent outside areas, terraces and gardens that allow for private, quiet contemplation and relaxation, and a16x5m infinity pool poised onto the view.
- Pool and Bale: Facing West is the infinity pool with a wooden deck and a 6x4m Balinese type open bale with thatched roof to sit away from the sun and enjoy the view. The deck is ideal for yoga practice early in the morning or at sunset.
- Terraces and outside dining table: All around are secluded terracotta terraces, one of which has a dining table for 12 people.
- Gardens: Behind the main “Out of Africa” house, is a lawn and garden facing East. All around the house, olives trees have been planted, along with a number of other Mediterranean bushes and annuals.
- Facing the view towards the sea, is a large “Out of Africa” thatched roof and wood covered living unit typical of the original houses in the close by Comporta area. This encloses the main room of the house (15 x 6m) with dining area for up to 16 people, and a large open air chill-out area with huge comfy mattresses and cushions for sitting low with your feet up.
- Adjoining this unit, is the main house with a large kitchen, a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, a twin bedroom also with adjoining bathroom, plus service areas and two more private bedrooms.
- Next to the pool and main house is the beautiful windmill renovated into a double bedroom, with a fabulous bathroom with lovely view, and a little drawing room on the first floor with all round 360º glass windows with the best view of all.
- Another separate annex is Sofia and Afonso’s room and office.
Bedrooms in the Main house:
- The pink room – double bedroom in the main house, with en-suite bathroom facing the garden – single or double occupancy.
- The windmill – double bedroom in the Windmill, with en-suite bathroom and drawing room, with great views – single or double occupancy.
- Patio room – twin sharing bedroom in the main house, with en-suite bathroom facing the garden.
- 2 single rooms for private use, bathroom sharing.
Internet access is available in all rooms.
The Main House is only available for rental as part of the Blue Retreats package.
Retreats organisers/promoters can contact us by email or calling +351 917 263 425 to discuss a tailor made Blue Retreat program. If you just want to know more about the planned retreats at Monte das Nespereiras, we will be glad to put you in contact with our partner retreat promoters.